Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sale Agreement For Sale Of Property Under Construction How To Determine The Date Of Acquisition A Property In India For Capital Gains Purpose?

How to determine the date of acquisition a property in India for capital gains purpose? - sale agreement for sale of property under construction

I booked an apt in construction in India in April 2005. The project is one of the builders of the premium and his Government that the arrangement / booking has been with the agreement of sale or assignment letter and need not be registered. Registration takes place after the inauguration. I was on the system of payment in installments, which ended in May 2008, and has been owned by the APT in April 2009. (a) If I cancel my apt in 2010, which as of the date of purchase? April 2005 or April 2009? Because of the health of the mother, I'm moving to your city, therefore, intends to sell my current apt to buy into the new city. (b) Do I have capital gains tax if I reinvest my profits next apt?

I need help from all experts.
Thank you in advance.
Mishti

1 comment:

  1. April 2009 is the date for capital gains. 2005 may as the date of acquisition, it has not paid the full amount and you do not own.

    If you sell during the year 2010, then you have the capital gains condemn the short term.

    ReplyDelete